- Areas of Study
- How to Apply - Undergraduate
- How to Apply - Postgraduate
- Auditions + Portfolios
- Scholarships and Prizes
- Notable Alumni
- Composing Women
- SCM Visiting Artists and Scholars Program
- Estivo: European Chamber Music Summer School
- Henderson Travellers
- MOOC: Music Education in the 21st Century
- OLE: Digital Communication: Sound
This exciting new Conservatorium program aims to support international travel for our students as a means of developing artistic skills, cultural competence, depth of musical expertise, communication skills, creativity, and an ability to make use of new musical experiences that will enhance students’ current Conservatorium studies.
- String Quartet Development Program: Up to three string quartets will be selected for specialist training, concert opportunities, tailored mentoring, specialised masterclass opportunities, and travel to an international chamber music academy.
- Operatic Roles: Up to eight students enrolled in the postgraduate Conservatorium Opera program will audition to secure support to collect operatic roles through performance in international young performers programs.
- Pianist Development: Up to eight students will audition to secure support to attend the International Summer Academy at the Mozarteum University, Salzburg.
- Open Program: Up to five small ensembles (up to five players each) will audition for international masterclass/performance opportunities. These groups can consist of winds, brass, jazz, HIP, contemporary, improvised etc. There is no restriction on the form of the group – but only those who show the highest standard will be selected through audition.
Each student will undertake an application and video audition process to secure a Conservatorium Henderson Travellers scholarship, which will support an approved activity.
Recording facilities are available for students
Should students wish to use Conservatorium facilities to record their audition, ensemble room 2169 will be available on the below dates with recording equipment (zoom camera) for this purpose. Please book a time with Kate Drain by email at email@example.com to use this service.
- Monday 19 February, 9am – 5pm
- Tuesday 20 February, 9am – 4pm
- Wednesday 21 February, 9am – 5pm
- Friday 23 February, 9am – 5pm
The Henderson Travellers Program information and application form can be found below. Please download and save the application form to enable editable fields; handwritten applications will not be accepted.