- Open Day 2016
- Alumni Profiles
- Student Profiles
- Areas of Study
- Our Degrees
- Entry Requirements
- How to Apply - Undergraduate
- How to Apply - Postgraduate
- Audition Requirements
- Auditions - Dates and Costs
- Audition Submissions
- Asia Live Auditions 2015/2016
- National Women Composers' Development Program
- Masterclass Program
- MOOC: Music Education in the 21st Century
- International Tour Policy
- Estivo: European Chamber Music Summer School
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Conservatorium Open Academy
Estivo: European Chamber Music Summer School
With the generous support of
Il Conservatorio Statale di Musica “Evaristo Felice Dall’Abaco” di Verona
2016 SUMMER SCHOOL DATES
From Monday 4 to Saturday 16 July 2016 the third Estivo: European Chamber Music Summer School will take place in Verona, Italy. Estivo will comprise two weeks of intensive small ensemble study and performance opportunities for 36 enrolled tertiary students with faculty from Sydney and Europe.
All travel, accommodation and tuition will be provided. All meals will be at the student’s expense.
The home for the Summer School will once again be the Conservatorio di Verona, an historic stone building with a large cloister in its centre often used for outdoor performances during summer.
Congratulations to the successful applications of the 2016 program:
Paragon Brass – Alfie Carslake, Cian Malikides, Sam Thompson, Darcy Shevlin, Gemma Lawton
Venteaux Quintet – Brighdie Chambers, Eve Osborn, Jarred Mattes, Sarah Ismail, Alice Yang
Cena Quartet – Mia Stanton, Anabelle Swainston, Uilleac Whelan, Miles Mullin-Chivers
Geist Quartet – James Larsen, Meg Cohen, Hayasa Tanaka, Sonia Wilson
Pentimento Quartet – Yejin Min, Francis Yoon, Nicole Kim, Brian Hong
Suarez Quartet – Veleriy Suraev, Anthony De Battista, Mishi Stern, Hana King
Vocalists – Victoria Hodgkinson, Jong Eun Paik, Michaella Edelstein, Lewis Barber, Ryan O’Donnell, Hayden Barrington
Piano accompanists – Josephine Flores Tam and Rosa Ji Hyun Kim
Piano soloists – Alex Zhang and Alex Yau
SELECTION CRITERIA – ALL
- All students must be currently enrolled at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music at the time of the summer school.
- All ensembles must submit a 45-60 minute concert repertoire proposal for performance at the 2016 Estivo Summer School.
- All ensembles to submit a group CV (or a combined page with individual CVs).
- Students must be available to attend Estivo for the full duration of the Summer School (and arrive in Verona on Sunday 3 July).
ESTIVO 2016 – PARTICIPATION AND COMMITMENT
Attendance at Estivo is a well-deserved privilege. Each student who participates in this opportunity will abide by the Estivo Participation and Commitment rules.
For more information please contact Kate Drain.
ESTIVO 2016 – TEACHING STAFF
Please click this link to view the 2016 Estivo Teaching Staff biographies.