- 2015 Info Day
- Areas of Study
- Our Degrees
- How to Apply
- Audition Dates & Costs
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Entry Requirements
- Estivo: European Chamber Music Summer School
- Fairweather Family Prize for Student Composers
- Audition Requirements
- Open Day 2014
- Asia Live Auditions 2014/2015
- Conservatorium Open Academy
Estivo: European Chamber Music Summer School
With the generous support of Il Conservatorio Statale di Musica “Evaristo Felice Dall’Abaco” di Verona and “Conservatorio di Musica “Lucio Campiani”, Mantova
From Monday 6 to Saturday 18 July 2015 the second European Chamber Music Summer School will take place in Verona, Italy. Estivo will comprise two weeks of intensive small ensemble study and performance opportunities for up to 49 SCM enrolled tertiary students with faculty from Sydney and Europe.
All travel, accommodation and tuition will be provided.
The home for the Summer School will once again be the Conservatorio di Verona, an historic stone building with a large cloister in its centre often used for outdoor performances during summer. In between learning, rehearsing and performing, students will have an opportunity to attend the Arena di Verona opera festival, as well as visit Milan and Venice.
2015 ESTIVO ATTENDEES
3 x String Quartets
2 x Piano Trios OR 1 x Piano Trio & 1 x Piano Quartet (depending on audition applicants)
1 x Pianist (to work with string quartet or wind quintet)
2 x Wind Quintets
1 x Brass Quintet
1 x Early Music Ensemble (maximum 5 players)
6 x vocalists with 3 x Piano Accompanists (each pianist will need to support 2 vocalists)
• All students must be currently enrolled at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music at the time of the summer school.
• All ensembles must submit a 45-60 minute concert repertoire proposal for performance at Estivo 2015
• All ensembles to submit a group CV (or a combined page with individual CVs)
• All singers and piano accompanists must audition in pairs.
• Auditions open to 3rd & 4th year undergraduate students only.
• Only vocal students who have not attended Estivo in the past are eligible.
• See Maree Ryan for audition repertoire suggestions.
• 6 pianists in total will be selected to attend Estivo 2015; 3 students will be accompanying singers, 2 students will be working as part of a piano trio or a piano quartet, and 1 will be allocated to work with a string quartet.
• Pianists who have attended Estivo in the past are only eligible to audition as part of an instrumental ensemble or to work with a string quartet.
• Pianists wanting to attend as vocal accompanists must audition in a pair with the vocal applicant.
• Pianists wishing to work with an instrumental ensemble may audition solo and the successful applicant will be matched with a string quartet in advance of the summer school. Solo audition applications to prepare 15 minutes of own choice repertoire.
• Pianists wishing to work with an instrumental ensemble may also prepare in advance and audition with that ensemble (piano trios and piano quartets). Prepare 2 contrasting works and see Paul Rickard-Ford for audition repertoire suggestions.
• Open to all string players in ensemble combinations outlined above. Where ensembles are of equal ability, preference will be given to those who have not attended Estivo in the past.
• Prepare all movements of two contrasting string quartets.
• Open to all brass players in quintet formation
• See Andrew Evans for repertoire suggestions.
• Open to all wind players in quintet formation.
• See Andrew Barnes for repertoire suggestions.
• Open to all students involved in Historically Informed Performance Unit with Neal Peres da Costa.
• Prepare all movements of two contrasting works.
Auditions will take place at the Sydney Conservatorium in the last week of March 2015. Please register your interest to audition here: http://scmestivo2015.eventbrite.com.au
For more information about Estivo 2015 please contact Yarmila Alfonzetti – firstname.lastname@example.org