- 2016 SCM Regional Tour
- Info Day 2017
- Alumni Profiles
- Student Profiles
- Areas of Study
- Our Degrees
- Entry Requirements
- How to Apply - Undergraduate
- How to Apply - Postgraduate
- Audition Requirements
- Auditions - Dates and Costs
- Audition Submissions
- Asia Live Auditions 2015/2016
- National Women Composers' Development Program
- Masterclass Program
- MOOC: Music Education in the 21st Century
- International Tour Policy
- Estivo: European Chamber Music Summer School
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Conservatorium Open Academy
Asia Live Auditions 2015/2016
The Sydney Conservatorium of Music (SCM), University of Sydney, is one of Australia’s oldest music schools providing comprehensive performance led teaching with undergraduate and postgraduate study options across a wide range of musical disciplines including instrumental (classical and jazz) and vocal performance, musicology, composition, music education and music research.
Located in the heart of Sydney’s thriving CBD, and minutes from Circular Quay and the Opera House, the SCM enjoys a reputation as Australia’s most iconic music institution, whose graduates are some of the most prestigious fine music performers, composers, teachers and scholars, both nationally and internationally.
In 2016 the SCM will be holding live auditions for entry into Semester (March) 2016 undergraduate and postgraduate programs:
Guangzhou: Thursday 5 May, 10am – 5pm
(Audition venue details will be confirmed via email with your audition date and time)
Applications are invited for programs in:
- Pathway Program
- Bachelor of Music (Performance, Music Education, Composition)
- Bachelor of Music Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Music (Performance, Opera)
- Master of Music Studies (Performance, Opera, Conducting, Composition)
- Master of Music (Performance, Composition, Music Education)
- Doctor of Musical Arts
- Doctor of Philosophy
To apply, please fill in the application form here:
ASIA LIVE AUDITION APPLICATION FORM
Comprehensive information about the degrees, including costs, can be found by visiting the Study section of our website.
Undergraduate Audition Requirements
Applicants are required to perform the specified audition requirements at the audition. The program should be around 20 minutes in total length. As time is limited you might be interrupted before completing a piece, and you must engage your own accompanist.
Postgraduate Audition Requirements
Applicants are required to perform specific audition requirements at the audition. The program should be around 50 minutes in total length. You must engage your own accompanist, and as time is limited, you might be interrupted before completing a piece.
Academic and English Language Requirements
In addition to your audition, students must meet the academic and English language entry requirements of the University of Sydney before successfully entering our programs.
Please direct further enquires via email to firstname.lastname@example.org