Piano Accompaniment – Study Options
- Bachelor of Music (Performance) – Course Structure | Apply Now
- Graduate Diploma in Music (Performance) – Course Structure | Apply Now
- Master of Music Studies (Performance) – Course Structure | Apply Now
- Doctor of Musical Arts (DMA) – Course Structure | Apply Now
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – Course Structure | Apply Now
The study of Piano Accompaniment at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music embraces chamber music and the teaching and practice of piano accompaniment across the whole range of our instrumental and vocal studies.
Our accompaniment staff coordinate all students into formations ranging from string quartets and piano trios to vocal duets, wind octets and percussion quartets (at present there are approximately 80 such ensembles). All students take part in regular tutorials with Sydney Conservatorium of Music staff members, preparing for performances that include concerts, broadcasts and tours. Many of our groups have established reputations beyond the Sydney Conservatorium of Music. Proceeds of our various ensemble concerts help finance masterclasses with celebrated Australian and international artists and help the groups to promote their careers (for example, by attending chamber music festivals).
Piano Accompaniment Staff
- Associate Professor Jeanell Carrigan – Piano Accompaniment
- Mr David Miller – Senior Lecturer in Piano Accompaniment
- Mr David Howie – Lecturer in Piano Accompaniment
- Mr Phillip Shovk – Lecturer in Piano and Accompaniment