- Open Day 2017
- Alumni Profiles
- Areas of Study
- Our Degrees
- Entry Requirements
- How to Apply - Undergraduate
- How to Apply - Postgraduate
- Audition Requirements
- Auditions - Dates and Costs
- Audition Submissions
- National Women Composers' Development Program
- SCM Visiting Artists and Scholars Program
- MOOC: Music Education in the 21st Century
- International Tour Policy
- Estivo: European Chamber Music Summer School
- Conservatorium Open Academy
Percussion – Study Options
- Diploma of Music – Course Structure | Apply Now
- Bachelor of Music (Music Education) – Course Structure | Apply Now
- Bachelor of Music (Performance) – Course Structure | Apply Now
- Graduate Diploma in Music (Performance) – Course Structure | Apply Now
- Master of Music Studies (Performance) – Course Structure | Apply Now
- Master of Music (Performance) – Course Structure | Apply Now
- Doctor of Musical Arts (DMA) – Course Structure | Apply Now
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – Course Structure | Apply Now
We offer a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree options in percussion. The undergraduate percussion program is dedicated to the formation of comprehensive foundations in solo, chamber music and large ensemble performance. Postgraduate studies are designed to support each student’s particular areas of focus and specialisation.
Australia’s leading percussionists are on staff with professional links to the Sydney Symphony Orchestra and Australia Opera and Ballet Orchestras. Recent International visitors have included Colin Curry, Brian Zator, Alan Cumberland, JB Smith, Joby Burgess, Wei-Chen Lin and Mark Ford.
- Mr Daryl Pratt – Senior Lecturer in Percussion
- Ms Claire Edwardes – Casual Lecturer in Percussion and Composition
- Mr Steven Machamer – Casual Lecturer in Percussion
- Mr Mark Robinson – Casual Lecturer in Percussion
“From a young age I felt drawn to music; it’s something that never ceases to open all my senses. I’ve had the chance to work with lots of different instruments and with many musical genres.
“Although classically trained, I’m currently veering more towards a contemporary approach that will not necessarily be percussion dominant, but will still include it.
“I’ve done numerous projects, including internal orchestral studies repertoire, solo recitals, work with composers and external drum lines, chamber ensembles and orchestral works.
“Being in such an enveloped music environment allows awareness of auditions and competitions that arise within your principal area of study. Pick something you love and pursue it.”