- Open Day 2017
- Areas of Study
- How to Apply - Undergraduate
- How to Apply - Postgraduate
- Auditions + Portfolios
- Notable Alumni
- National Women Composers' Development Program
- SCM Visiting Artists and Scholars Program
- Estivo: European Chamber Music Summer School
- MOOC: Music Education in the 21st Century
Creative Music Audition Requirements
All applicants to the Bachelor of Music (Composition), and Bachelor of Music – Creative Music and Digital Music and Media programs must submit a portfolio of three creative works via our online submission form on our website.
Online portfolios to these areas of study will be assessed by a panel drawn from staff in the Composition and Music Technology division. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview.
Creative Music Portfolio
Three works of contrasting style and media that may include a combination of original works and arrangements of existing works. (e.g. original concert works, arrangements for ensembles and bands, film scores, notated songs, etc.)
Scores and Recordings: Works may be presented as a combination of scores and audio/video or both.
Some examples of how your portfolio may look:
- Eg 1. Work 1: score and recording | Work 2: score only | Work 3: audio/video only
- Eg 2. Work 1: score only | Work 2: score only | Work 3: audio/video only
- Eg 3. Work 1: score only | Work 2: audio/video only | Work 3: audio/video only
*You may submit multiple scores and recordings (e.g. if applying for multiple programs)