- Areas of Study
- How to Apply - Undergraduate
- How to Apply - Postgraduate
- Scholarships and Prizes
- Notable Alumni
- Composing Women
- SCM Visiting Artists and Scholars Program
- Estivo: European Chamber Music Summer School
- Henderson Travellers
- MOOC: Music Education in the 21st Century
- OLE: Digital Communication: Sound
Composition Audition Requirements
You will submit a portfolio of three creative works and attend an interview if your portfolio has been favourably assessed.
The works must be original compositions of varied style or media. For example: solo, chamber, choral, orchestral, electroacoustic, mixed-media.
- Scores: At least two of the works must be presented in a notated form.
- Recordings: At least two of the works must have complementary audio (or video) recordings.
Here are some examples of how your portfolio may look:
- Eg 1. Work 1: score and recording | Work 2: score and recording | Work 3: score and recording
- Eg 2. Work 1: score and recording | Work 2: score and recording | Work 3: audio/video only (i.e. non-notated music, score not relevant)
- Eg 3. Work 1: score and recording | Work 2: score and recording | Work 3: score only (i.e. not yet recorded, conceptual work, etc.)