Composition Audition Requirements
All applicants to the Bachelor of Music (Composition), and Bachelor of Music – Creative Music, and Digital Music and Media programs must submit a portfolio of three creative works via our online submission form on our website.
Online portfolios to these areas of study will be assessed by a panel drawn from staff in the Composition and Music Technology division. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview.
Three original compositions of varied style or media. For example: solo, chamber, choral, orchestral, electroacoustic, mixed-media, etc.
- Scores: At least two of the works must be presented in a notated form.
- Recordings: At least two of the works must have complementary audio (or video) recordings.
Some examples of how your portfolio may look:
- Eg 1. Work 1: score and recording | Work 2: score and recording | Work 3: score and recording
- Eg 2. Work 1: score and recording | Work 2: score and recording | Work 3: audio/video only (i.e. non-notated music, score not relevant)
- Eg 3. Work 1: score and recording | Work 2: score and recording | Work 3: score only (i.e. not yet recorded, conceptual work, etc.)