- Areas of Study
- How to Apply - Undergraduate
- How to Apply - Postgraduate
- Scholarships and Prizes
- Notable Alumni
- Composing Women
- SCM Visiting Artists and Scholars Program
- Estivo: European Chamber Music Summer School
- Henderson Travellers
- MOOC: Music Education in the 21st Century
- OLE: Digital Communication: Sound
Brass study options
- Bachelor of Music (Performance) – Course Structure
- Bachelor of Music (Music Education) – Course Structure
- Diploma of Music – Course Structure
- Master of Music Studies (Performance) – Course Structure
- Graduate Diploma in Music (Performance) – Course Structure
- Master of Music (Performance) – Course Structure
- Doctor of Musical Arts (DMA) – Course Structure
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – Course Structure
Our brass staff have a wide range of professional and performing experience, and include principal players with the Sydney Symphony, the Australian Chamber Orchestra and the Australian Brandenburg Orchestra, offering students the skills to become versatile performers. Beginning with the basics of brass playing, we encourage students to develop according to their interests and talent in virtuosity, advanced repertoire and historically informed performance practice. In addition, visiting international players regularly give masterclasses.
We also encourage ensemble playing in formations such as the Big Band and Conservatorium orchestras. Other ensembles offer the opportunity to explore new music for brass and to play period instruments in the Early Music Ensemble.
Principal study is available in horn, trombone, trumpet, euphonium and tuba.