Brass – Study Options
- Diploma of Music – Course Structure | Apply Now
- Bachelor of Music (Music Education) – Course Structure | Apply Now
- Bachelor of Music (Performance) – Course Structure | Apply Now
- Graduate Diploma in Music (Performance) – Course Structure | Apply Now
- Master of Music Studies (Performance) – Course Structure | Apply Now
- Master of Music (Performance) – Course Structure | Apply Now
- Doctor of Musical Arts (DMA) – Course Structure | Apply Now
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – Course Structure | Apply Now
Our brass staff have a wide range of professional and performing experience, and include principal players with the Sydney Symphony, the Australian Chamber Orchestra and the Australian Brandenburg Orchestra, offering students the skills to become versatile performers. Beginning with the basics of brass playing, we encourage students to develop according to their interests and talent in virtuosity, advanced repertoire and historically informed performance practice. In addition, visiting international players regularly give masterclasses.
We also encourage ensemble playing in formations such as the Big Band and Conservatorium orchestras. Other ensembles offer the opportunity to explore new music for brass and to play period instruments in the Early Music Ensemble.
Principal study is available in horn, trombone, trumpet, euphonium and tuba.
- Mr Andrew Evans – Lecturer in Trumpet
- Mr Scott Kinmont – Lecturer in Trombone
- Mr Steven Rosse – Lecturer in Tuba
- Mr David Thompson – Lecturer in Horn
- Ms Leanne Sullivan – Casual Lecturer in Trumpet
- Mr Paul Terracini – Casual Lecturer in Trombone