The Arts Music Unit at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music provides study opportunities in music as part of an arts degree or a combined degree (such as arts/commerce, arts/law and arts/science). Courses are designed both for students who intend to make music their profession and for those who will pursue other careers. Available to students from all faculties, the courses cover a broad range of studies of music – in society, in culture and in performance. We welcome students from all musical backgrounds, including those with no prior musical experience.
Based at the University of Sydney’s Camperdown Campus in the Seymour Centre and the Old Darlington School, the Sydney Conservatorium Arts Music Unit offers courses and subjects ranging from general studies of the language of music to performance, composition and musicology. Students can major in music (at pass or honours level) as part of a Bachelor of Arts degree or any combined arts degree.
- Bachelor of Arts – Course Structure | Apply Now
- Bachelor of Music Studies / Bachelor of Arts – Course Structure | Apply Now
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – Course Structure | Apply Now
Arts Music Units of Study
Download the Arts Music Unit information booklet (.pdf, 3.62MB) for details of available units of study.
Arts Music Faculty
- Professor Anne BOYD - Associate Dean (Staff Development and Mentoring)
- Winsome EVANS - Honorary Associate Professor
- Dr Charles FAIRCHILD - Senior Lecturer in Popular Music and Chair of Arts Music Unit
- Professor Matthew HINDSON - Associate Professor and Chair of Composition and Music Technology Unit
- Dr Daniel ROJAS - Associate Lecturer in Music Teaching and Research
- Dr James WIERZBICKI - Director of HDR Admissions and Progression
Arts Music Student Administration
Faculty Support Officer
T +61 2 9351 2923