- Research at Sydney Conservatorium of Music
- Research Strengths
- SCM Research Centre for Music Diversity
- About Music Public Lecture Series
- About Music Education Public Lecture Series
- Alfred Hook Lecture Series
- Musicology Colloquium Series
- Special Research Events
- Student Research
- Research Staff Contacts
Best Practice in Artistic Research in Music
Sydney Conservatorium of Music is delighted to announce the Symposium Best Practice in Artistic Research in Music to take place at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music, University of Sydney, from 27 to 29 September 2017. Convened by Professor Neal Peres Da Costa, this Symposium will bring together practitioners and policy makers to share information about best practice in artistic research in music.
Key practitioners will present in areas such as composition, improvised music, performance innovation, and the role of artistic research in musicology and ethnomusicology. The discussion will also extend to policy frameworks for metrics, evaluation and assessment of relevant traditional and non-traditional research outputs as well as strategies for researcher development.
Other distinguished presenters include:
- Malcolm Bilson (Cornell University)
- Liza Lim (Sydney Conservatorium of Music)
- Genevieve Lacey (Artistic Director, Future Makers, Musica Viva)
Registrations will open in early May. Registration is free of charge. However, places are strictly limited and proof of registration is required for all attendees. A detailed program will be published in May. Please note that there will not be a call for papers.
Please contact email@example.com for further details.
Organisation committee: Professor Linda Barwick, Professor Neal Peres Da Costa, Associate Professor Jeanell Carrigan, Dr Damien Ricketson, Christa Jacenyik-Trawoger