Richard Toop Tribute
Friday 18 August 2017
Level 1, Sydney Conservatorium of Music
Please join us for a celebration of the eminent musicologist Richard Toop (1945-2017). Lecturer at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music for 35 years, as well as Chair of Musicology, Richard was a leading international scholar of the musical avant-garde. Renowned for his work on the compositional methods and music of Stockhausen, Ferneyhough, Ligeti, Richard Barrett, Liza Lim, Michael Smetanin and others, Richard was also a major influence on modernism in Sydney and more broadly, Australia.
This event will involve performances and reflections from some of Richard’s friends.
- Audience enter to Xenakis’s Metastasis (1954)
- Welcome – Dr Rachel Campbell
- Video: Daryl Buckley and Richard Barrett
- Scott Davie and Taryn Fiebig (voice and piano) – Brahms songs
- Panel discussion: Damien Ricketson, Michael Smetanin, Rachel Campbell
- Laura Chislett (solo flute), Michael Smetanin “Backbone”
- Panel discussion: Diane Collins and Richard Dunn
- Tonya Lemoh (piano) Bach / Busoni “Ich ‘ruf zu dir”
- Audience exits hall to Lassus Timor et Tremor (1564) and Prophetiae Sibyllarum (1550s)
For more information, please email Dr Rachel Campbell firstname.lastname@example.org
Tickets are complimentary, please register via this link.
- Free entry, please register via the link