Opera Lab - 21 to 27 January 2018
Sunday 21 January 2018
Level 1, Sydney Conservatorium of Music
Opera Lab is a six-day summer school for aspiring young singers aged 15-25.
Led by experienced professionals Narelle Yeo, Wendy Dixon and Simon Kenway Opera Lab will grow a range of skills from operatic ensemble to interpretation of text, singing in a foreign language to stage acting culminating in a staged performance for all participants.
The program will be challenging, exciting and stimulating as you develop operatic skills with like-minded performers culminating in a short public performance involving all participants.
By the end of this course you will have:
- developed skills in collaborative performance
- fine-tuned language skills for singing, primarily in Italian and English
- developed a capacity to follow a conductor while singing and acting on stage
- learnt to realistically analyse strengths and weaknesses within your current performing abilities in opera, operatta and music theatre style
- built your audience communication skills to deliver a compelling narrative while singing.
For more information and to register, visit: openacademy.sydney.edu.au/course/wfol