About Music Education: Teach Meet
Monday 11 April 2016
Recital Hall West
Level 1, Sydney Conservatorium of Music Sydney NSW
Each semester one talk in the About Music Education lecture series is replaced by a Teach Meet. We want six snappy 10-minute presentations that share ‘something new I tried in my music classroom/ensemble that worked really well’ (samples of resulting student work are very welcome). We especially welcome proposals to share innovative ideas such as the incorporation of non-western or new music, technologies, or approaches to creativity.
Already confirmed for the first Teach Meet of 2016 are:
- Psychology and Lyric Writing. Keppie Coutts, AIM/Berklee
- The convergence of Music Education and Music Therapy in my Classroom. Dr Dianne Langan, Wenona.
- Using Composition and Improvisation as An Entry Point to Listening Activities. Debra Batley, Carinya Christian School.
- How to make learning piano fun from a young age. Paul Myatt, Forte School of Music.
- The Online Music Portfolio. Andrew Mifsud, Barker College.
Afterwards there will be refreshments and a chance to talk to the presenters abut their ideas. And you can sign up now to share YOUR practice in the Semester 2 Teach Meet at http://bit.ly/22xCtFR
Please register here for this event.
More information – music.sydney.edu.au/research/about-music-education-lectures
- Free entry, registrations are required