- Dean's Welcome
- History of the Conservatorium
- Verbrugghen Ensemble
- Pacific Alliance of Music Schools
- International Partnerships and Exchange
- Our Latest News
- eNewsletter subscriptions
- SCM Ticketing Information
- Take a Tour
- Hire SCM Venues
- Work, Health and Safety
- Sydney International Piano Competition
Take a Tour
Music and heritage tours of the Sydney Conservatorium of Music
Take a one-hour guided tour of the Sydney Conservatorium of Music to learn an unknown history of Sydney. Follow an exciting itinerary with 12 different locations to retrace 200 years of Australian history. From aboriginal land to an international music school, the Conservatorium of Music offers a great insight into the culture of Music in Sydney prior to the Opera House.
Gain access to areas previously off limits to the public and uncover the remnants from the earliest colonial settlement such as the sandstone cistern and early drains laid by convicts. View the original features of the Government stables including the arches and turrets. Explore a maze underneath the Botanic Gardens with teaching studios, practice rooms, performance halls and the largest music library in the southern hemisphere.
Date and times
Tours are available before or after a free classical music performance. Please visit our Tour Partner My Music Detour for more details.
- Wednesday: 10.30am and 2pm (concert at 12.30pm)
- Thursday: 10.30am and 2pm (concert at 12.30pm)
- Saturday: 10am and 1pm (concerts at 11am and 2pm)
Tour duration is approximately 1 hour.
- Adult: $25
- Child: $15^
- Concession: $18*
^ Child 5 to 15 years of age. Children under 5 years are free of charge.
* Concessions are available to holders of an Australian Seniors Card, Australian Pensioners, full-time students aged 16+
The maximum group size is 40 people and bookings are required. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding group bookings.
For more information about the tours:
Phone: +61 2 8399 3483