- Head of School and Dean's Welcome
- Sydney Conservatorium of Music Strategic Plan 2016–2021
- History of the Conservatorium
- Pacific Alliance of Music Schools
- International Exchange and Partnerships
- Our Latest News
- eNewsletter subscriptions
- SCM Ticketing Information
- Music Cafe
- Hire SCM Venues
- SCM Musician Referral Program
- Work, Health and Safety
- Sydney International Piano Competition
Hire SCM Venues
Close to the Sydney Opera House and surrounded by the Royal Botanic Gardens, the Sydney Conservatorium of Music is located at the heart of Sydney’s cultural precinct.
Its distinctive castellated building was initially designed by Government Architect Francis Greenway as the stable for Government House and has housed the Conservatorium throughout its long history.
In 1997, the NSW State Government announced one of the most significant initiatives in the Sydney Conservatorium’s history–a major redevelopment plan to create a music education facility of outstanding acoustic and architectural quality. The new facilities, completed in 2001, are regarded as among the finest in the world with five performance venues and over 130 teaching and practice studios, spanning almost thirty thousand square metres.
Make an Enquiry
To make an enquiry about hiring venues at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music please contact the Conservatorium venues office:
Conservatorium Venues Manager
T +61 2 9351 1203
F +61 2 9351 1264